Resources and Tools
Pet Care Information
- AAHA's Informational Library - We are accredited members of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Your Pet and Parasites - The Companion Animal Parasite Council is a non-profit organization of veterinarians and parasitologists dedicated to protecting your family and your pets from parasites and zoonotic disease. This website contains very useful information about the parasites that can be found in your pet.
- Veterinary Partner - This website is a division of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN). They provide invaluable information about common diseases in pets.
- Pet Obesity Prevention - Obesity is one of the most common problems we see. This website is dedicated to increasing obesity awareness as well as providing tools to help pets lose weight.
Reference Laboratories we work with
- Idexx's Website - Idexx visits our hospital daily to pick up lab samples which are then processed at their central laboratory. Idexx furnishes all of our in-clinic laboratory equipment and tests. Their website explains their products and services along with recent animal health news.
- Heska's Lab - Heska's website includes pet health information, product information, and their company information.
- University of Minnesota's Diagnostic Lab - We partner with the University of Minnesota for radiographic consutation, lab services and patient referrals. Their website explains their lab, explains their services, lists their staff members and offers access to laboratory results.
Animal Emergency and Referral Center (AERC) - We recommend the Animal Emergency and Referral Center to all clients for after-hours emergencies. The AERC is an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital dedicated to providing excellent service to small animals in the Twin Cities metro area during the hours when your family veterinarian may not be available.
- AAHA's Website - We are a proud member of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- AVMA's Website - The AVMA offers valuable tools to help keep your pet healthy.
- Hill's Veterinary Diets - Hill's deals with pet nutrition because they provide many different types of food for your pet. Their site includes product information, information on nutrition and company information.
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diets - Specific health needs for the benefit of your pets. Royal Canin offers a wide range of products dedicated to veterinary use.
- Purina Veterinary Diets - The science behind these therapeutic diets represents a collaboration between Purina nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
Additional Helpful Links
- Pet Poison Helpline- Did your pet just eat something poisonous? Call your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline immediately. The sooner a pet poisoning is addressed, the easier, less expensive, and safer it is to treat. 1-855-764-7661
- Toxic Plants and Flowers to Pets - The Animal Poison Control Center is a division of the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty To Animals). This section of their site lists some of the most common poisonous plants as well as other helpful links about potential poisons to pets.
- PetLoss.com - The loss of a pet can be very traumatic. Petloss.com is there to help. Mourners can post the names of their departed pets and take part in Monday evening candle-lighting ceremonies. Message boards and a chat room offer help with dealing with our grief or concern over pet illness, and there are pet loss hotlines to get counseling over the phone. This is a comforting site for animal lovers dealing with death or sickness.